Sterner Stuff was founded with a focus on relationships. This means that working with Sterner Stuff isn’t a one-off affair. We don’t build websites to be lost and forgotten. The web changes every day, and your website needs to keep up.
You shouldn’t have to worry about that.
All of our clients enjoy a worry-free updates and maintenance plan. Every month, we tend to your website’s health and well-being and field minor support requests from you, without starting the timer. Instead, you get a flat fee, no matter what happens.
So what exactly does this cover?
The short version:
- Stay hack-free and get the latest performance optimizations with monthly software updates
- Any conflicts introduced by updates are covered under this plan
- Recover quickly with priority cleanup of (unlikely) compromises
- Get help whenever you need it with 1 hour of monthly support time
- Cut down on load times with automated image optimization
- Ensure contact form submissions find your inbox with an SMTP email relay for outgoing mail
- Sleep easy with uptime monitoring and nightly backups
- Encrypt traffic and speed up your website with a free security certificate
Plus hosting from Sterner Stuff, the Worry-Free plan is available to our WordPress customers for $150/mo.
How Often Is Your Website Down?
Any form of “website down” means your business is losing money. It shouldn’t happen.
And at Sterner Stuff, it doesn’t! As of writing, the last 30 days showed 100% uptime for all our clients. The last outage was a planned hardware update for one client. The site was down for 3 minutes.
Is Your Website Secure?
If your website doesn’t have a security certificate (SSL) installed, your users have started seeing “Not Secure” messages in their browser when visiting your site. Not inspiring confidence, eh?
Hosts like GoDaddy want to charge you upwards of $200/year for an SSL. At Sterner Stuff, it’s included. Period.
Prevent Hacks with Managed Updates
For our WordPress clients, this means first and foremost updating WordPress itself. WordPress receives updates on an irregular basis to fix security flaws, improve performance, and add new features. Additionally, plugins and themes on your site receive updates for the same sorts of reasons.
Why is this important?
Security is no joke. Many hacks go unnoticed by site owners. Some fun ways this can pan out:
- Get hijacked into an email spam server until your contact forms stop working! No contact forms = no leads = no new business.
- Traffic redirects to a porn site! A self-explanatory problem.
- Traffic specifically from Google search results redirects to a porn site, making you less likely to notice!
- A shiny label in search results that advertises you’ve been hacked!
Security flaws can be discovered and patched in days or weeks, so running updates is important. At Sterner Stuff, we’ve got it covered for you.
What if I do get hacked?
With the Sterner Stuff update plan, not only are you getting regular updates, but if for some reason your site does get hacked, or an update breaks functionality on your site, we’ll fix it. The timer still isn’t running – it’s covered.
Call Me, Beep Me
Our managed WordPress offering also includes an hour of time each month for small support requests. Forgot how to change a photo on your website? Want someone else to change a photo on your website? Maybe a button isn’t working or an external link was updated. These ticky-tack items come up, and we don’t want to run the timer on you to take care of it. On the monthly update and support plan, you’re covered.
You Can Start Now!
Going Worry-Free starts with a $350 website tune-up, so fill out the form below to get started. We’ll review and audit your existing site, take care of any red flags, and get you up to date. Then, every month, you get the great benefits above. It truly is worry-free.